Survivor Dish

The Dishchicks do Survivor! All the dish on Survivor: China. We can dish it. Can you take it?

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Survivor Micronesia - Episode 1
"The Greatest Player in the History of the Game"

10 minutes till the premiere of Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs Favorites!

I'm opening the post so everyone can comment while the show's on, but I wont be blogging on top here till after the premiere of Survivor is over, and I can collect my thoughts. (scroll down a little - it's complete now)

That's assuming my brain is still functioning... I woke up around 1am this morning, and I've been working on the BB blog ever since.

Hopefully there'll be a running play by play in the comments section... they're usually is. :) Provided by you...

Enjoy the show!!

Quote of the night:
Fairplay: "I consider myself the greatest player in the history of the game."

Then again, maybe not. I'm not buying for a second that he really wanted to go home. Not one hot second. No matter how he tried to spin it. I'm just thrilled the rest of the favorites didn't get suckered in again. The editing really had me going.

But getting back to the meat of the show...

Every time one of the favorites was introduced, I was sitting here going, I love him! I love her! Especially Ozzie and Jonathan and Yau Man... just seeing them all again makes me smile.

And then there's James, who has a much more profound effect. Mm Mm Good. James is the new Cambell's soup. Hard to resist and absolutely delicious.

And then there was Fairplay... Well, I'm loving Fan Tracy! "I'd love to kick him."

At the moment, she's the only fan I remember by name. We didn't really get to spend too much time with them. The only other one who made a big impression was the I'm shocked she's not a lesbian golf sales woman.. and it wasn't a good impression. More of an "Oh dear lord' how fast can they lose something and cut her loose?

Speaking of losing - I was stunned the favorites completely blew it. Too much cocky, not enough initial effort. James & Jonathan tried their darndest to make up for all that lost time, but it just wasn't enough with puzzles on both ends of the Immunity Competition.

Speaking of immunity.. the whoever finds it and grabs it first had potential, but fell flat - as usual with the immunity idol.

All in all, a gorgeous and extremely enjoyable Season Premiere of Survivor. Time well spent!





30 Comments:

Blogger Monika Fabian said...

How are you going to do both? You're nuts but in the best way possible, C!

Go Ozzy, Yau, and James!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Cliff O'Neill said...

I'm guessing from Jeff Probt's comments in TV Guide that Fairplay is probably if not the first, then among the first to go.

5:10 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

mo - i have no idea. but i did drop the idol blog for this season.. there was NO way i could've done that along with BB

here's hopin', cliff.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Monika Fabian said...

That kid that was so bent on beating Ozzy obvs wasn't paying attention about becoming a target for overacheiving physical prowess...

Go Yau--way to tackle J!

So I've counted two lesbians (one on each team), could I be dreaming?

5:14 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

oh lord.. kathy, can we introduce you to kail?

5:17 PM  
Blogger Monika Fabian said...

Wha the golf course lady who's immune isn't gay?

5:17 PM  
Blogger Monika Fabian said...

Dolts! How could they trust Fairplay and begin to cannabalize each other?!?

5:26 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

This episode should be titled, "Whoever believes Fairplay Deserves to go home"

5:26 PM  
Blogger Monika Fabian said...

Well then Cerie would be the winner by default!

5:29 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

ok by me

5:33 PM  
Blogger Monika Fabian said...

Boo.

Well Erik is officially on my list. Don't like him at all.

Ozzy can't get kicked off tonight. He just can't.

Please?

5:40 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

i'll 2nd that.

5:41 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

is it my failing brain, or was there no reward challenge?

5:42 PM  
Blogger Monika Fabian said...

Nope no reward this week.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Cambik said...

nope there wasn't a rewards challenge. So you arn't going insane yet.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Cambik said...

OK so who are we guessing is going home first? I think it will be Johnny Fairplay. At least that is who I hope goes home first.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Monika Fabian said...

I think it's Eliza. Parvati is more eye-candy for Fairplay.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Monika Fabian said...

Using an unborn child as a ploy--new low. This is like a cheap Dr. Will circa BB7.

5:51 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

I'm soooo glad they didn't buy it!
ok... I'm gonna write - you guys write too! ;)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Monika Fabian said...

Part of me thinks that he did it to come across as some hero or martyr.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Cambik said...

Sounds to me like he really didn't want to be there but didn't want to say NO when they asked if he would be on the show. That or he wanted to go out first so he could be sequestered and have the sweet life for a month.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Cliff O'Neill said...

Sooo much to say!

First ...

Survivor: "Fans" vs. "Favorites", let me introduce you to the "Blog" of the "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks.

http://quotation-marks.blogspot.com/

With that out of the way ...

Fairplay, you have earned exactly one brownie point in my book. That said, whomever believes the old saw that women are the wiser sex (when in fact they are just as dumb as men), I point you to the fact that one of your ranks not only agreed to have sex with that man, but to bear his offspring.

Krazy Kathy . Wow. A dozen different kinds of dumb.

Cirie. Almost breaking the record for fewest words spoken in an episode since Lunchladyland in the whole first half of the last season.

Ozzy. Yer boy has gotten better lookin', ain't he?

Ami Am hoping she goes farther than she did last time.

Jonathan Love ya. Still think yer mad hot, but did you have to bring the damn hat back?

Pavarti I don't think there is a more smokin' hot woman. Wow. A guy would have to be either a Kinsey 6 or just plain superhuman to resist those charms.

Amanda. I see she had those pixels surgically removed from her backside.

Elisa. Always was kinda charmed by her ways. And the poor dear did fall victim to the car curse. And, damn, my eye still hurts from watching that crash!

James. I'll root for you as soon as I see you exhibiting brains to go with that brawn.

Yau-Man Love, love love him. And putting Fairplay's head into a canoe? Love him more.

Finally, I'm so sure that the only reason Probst was so willing to reveal that Fairplay was the first one out was because of his well-known disdain for people who get cast and then ask to go home. Weren't there more than one castaways in the All-Stars season who crapped out and left. (Sue Hawk, I remember. Don't know if I'm forgetting another one.)

Well that's it for me!

6:19 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

just went there... very funny.
nice find, cliff. and excellent blogging from you as always.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Cliff O'Neill said...

Thanks sweetie!

Yeah, I've been a fan of that blog for over a year. I've even put in a few submissions there myself.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Beth (and Eric) said...

Parvati + James = beautiful children. I like James this time even more than before!!!

I love that match all the way! Amanda and Ozzy look like they're gonna gross me out next week though!

My personal opinion about Fairplay is that he wanted to go home as he said "on his own terms" because he knew everyone would kick him off first. He didn't want to be humiliated, so he basically quit. Where was Danny B. when you needed him?! :0

8:30 PM  
Blogger Seffie said...

I STILL don't get what everyone sees in James! He was moody and cranky. and he made the DUMBEST move in the history of the show by not using the idol. After all, it's not that he was giving up so much. He had ANOTHER one!
I'm rooting for YuaMan again. He's was one skillful player in comps and strategy alike. Not perfect, mind you. But he PLAYED the game!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Carolyn, I have to admit - James was looking pretty good last night! I wasn't a huge fan of James last season, but he seemed more relaxed and interesting! He and Pavarti are adorable! I like his sweet side - we didn't see that last season! Not to mention Ozzy was lookin' pretty hot too!

You gotta give it to the fans, they rocked last night! The crazy lady is going to drive me nuts, and I loved that Yau beat down Fairplay!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

I'm with you Gail, we didn't see James' softer side last season. I had to do a double take last night. I thought it was sweet when he was talking about Parvati "....and I want her" or maybe it was "like" either way it was cute.

I don't know, I guess maybe it was just me. I felt sorta cheated last night. The callenge was good, but overall for a premier it didn't have any spark. I would hate to think I am looking forward to this season or Survivor just to watch a romance or two blossom. That's what those other shows are for...

8:22 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Ugg! Sorry for the type's up above I was on an ergonomic keyboard and I hate it!! Had I noticed them then I would have corrected them!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Seffie said...

Jessie, don't worry about it! I saw a couple of my own mistakes in my post just above yours and I try to correct typos first before submitting, too.
You're forgiven if I am! Ha!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home